Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Traveling with Bipolar Disorder.

I travelled a great deal as a child. Planes didn't bother me. Airports were fine. Hotels were no big deal. But as I've gotten older, travel has become more difficult. I don't know what's common to people with BSD or panic disorder, but I'm going to share a couple of ideas.
  • Visualization. I don't mean imagining I'm on a beach. I mean visualizing my travels. If any of the places or experiences are already familiar, this will be easier. I focus on the baggage, the security checks, the sounds of the airplane. I think about the people I will see and the bed I'll sleep in. Even if it's not all accurate, it helps
  • Packing list. I recently got ready for a trip and felt overwhelmed--did I have the right kinds of clothes, enough clothes, clothes that make me feel good about myself? I made a plan, writing down what I'd wear each day all the way to shoes, jewelry, and makeup. I also listed items I might forget to pack like pens, a robe, and a swimsuit just in case. But how would I keep my suitcase organized?
  • Outfit pods. I rolled up each outfit and put it in a grocery bag along with jewelry in a Ziplock. No stress about clothes.
Do you have any tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment