Friday, July 15, 2016

Things That Shouldn't Be Scary.

  • A person braiding someone else's hair in fast, distorted motion. White knuckles quick as spiders.
  • Josh with a full beard.
  • What I see out of the corner of my eye. 
  • Pool toys that have sunk to the bottom.
  • Dragonflies.
  • Sunken boats in aquariums.
  • Memories of giving birth.
  • Staying overweight.
  • People drinking.
  • Not having a surface to write on.
  • Certain extremely long books.
  • The possibility that I am permanently no longer as smart as I was.
  • Small gaps in my short-term memory.
  • Chores to which I have a strong resistance that borders on fear.
  • Mannequins (museums, not malls).
  • The thought of teaching again.

1 comment:

  1. Becky, bless you for doing this blog---and posting about it on facebook. I will be reading all of it and hoping to get my daughter to read it, too. (won't go to a shrink or therapist) I may fb message you. I need to ask some questions and talk a bit with someone who is dealing with these issues. love to you, Josh, and Oliver

    ReplyDelete