Saturday, November 12, 2016

A Perfect Day.

Okay, this is just one version of perfect! I can think of many more.

Mom and Shane come over early and take Oliver to a park. Josh and I would marvel at our being alone in our house. Normally, this happens for, perhaps, 3 hours a week. We decide not to use the time for sleep. But we stay in our room and talk and make each other laugh, which we can do well.

We eat cinnamon rolls from a can. We shower and put on clean pajamas. I have no trouble remembering to take my meds, we all have the meds we need, and no shadow figures blink by the corners of my vision. I watch Josh play some of an RPG.

Oliver comes back, and we all snuggle for a while. Josh sends me to the guest room and my chaise where I read an entire book (a short one) and two whole magazines. The boys go out and return with Panera. I go through my story ideas and run with one. I have a first draft in a couple of hours, and both of my first readers (Josh and Bruce) love it.

We watch a family movie and get all the way through it. Josh starts a fire in the fireplace and take Oliver to bed. I scribble near the hearth and am almost asleep when Josh comes back to give me a massage and tickles.

No comments:

Post a Comment