Thursday, June 9, 2016

I'm Glad I Finally...

  • Went to a psychiatrist. He (along with the help of an impressive notetaking Psy.D) quickly gave me the answer to the question I'd asked since I was ten or earlier. I still wouldn't have gone if my mother hadn't insisted.
  • Got on track with my meds. My lithitum level is just right, and I'm having fewer side effects in general. 
  • Found a good therapist (just by luck or blessing) and invested in therapy--I invested thought, trust, emotions, and hope--much more than the copay. I've been seeing my therapist for two years!
  • Had a baby. Josh and I had major worries and never seemed to consider the idea for a long time. But if we had waited any longer, it might have been even worse than the ordeal we endured together. 
  • Dyed my hair (thanks to Mom). I love the black dye.
  • Communicated to figure out how I can help Oliver more.

No comments:

Post a Comment