Saturday, March 4, 2017

Signs of Stability.

Sometimes, I'm not sure if I'm seeing myself clearly, so I asked Josh for a little help with this. When I'm stable,
  • I laugh. Full-bodied. Josh calls my laughter "jolly."
  • I read. Reading helps me feel healthy, and when I'm healthy, I'm more able to read. Reading defines me, so if I'm not reading well, I feel almost fraudulent in all I do. But when I'm well (a bit beyond stable), I can devour books and store up their best words in my composition books and their joy of words in my heart.
  • I write. I write a lot when I'm hypomanic too, but when I'm stable, I do a lot of scribbling, but it isn't frantic. And I tend to blog regularly.
  • I can watch scary movies! Up until a couple of years ago, scary movies wrecked me. Now, they don't haunt me afterward, so I can enjoy them--sometimes even by myself.
  • I feel more secure (or less insecure) in my closest relationships. I'm better able to read situations and ask for what I need.
  • According to Josh, I seek out what makes me happy. I wear more makeup and have fun with it. I watch movies by myself--no need to wait for someone else to be interested. I have fun getting dressed. I play with stickers. I seek the people who make me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment