Thursday, February 23, 2017

Ready for the Cycle.

I'd love to know how to preapre for the mood bycle when it returns. Right now, I seem to be on a good cocktail of medications. But a couple of weeks ago, I felt myself approaching hypomania.

I was experience increased need to be alone with my somewhat overwhelming thoughts. I was waking early and in the night. I was seeing things at the edge of my vision. My obsessive nature was switched on (this time, for a movie), and I felt a low buzz in my chest--something I could call excitement--but it had no apparent object and made me feel a little sick.

I've not experienced mania in a long time, and I don't think I've been fully hypomanic since I became stable several months ago. So maybe what I've experienced has been medicated hypomania or even medicated mania--the parts that will get past the meds, the parts I will still live with. I think I can learn to deal with that.

I need to learn to recognize it and work through it. Walking in silence on a treadmil lets me invite all my thoughts to come at me, and I can deal with them in a controlled space. I know I have to be careful about sleep. I want to know what to expect and accept and how to be ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment