Monday, November 12, 2018

What I Know about Myself.

  • I try hard.
  • I'm obsessive.
  • I could be better.
  • My expectations are often too high.
  • I have bipolar disorder.
  • I have panic disorder.
  • I'm a terrible test taker.
  • I usually seek undivided attention from those closest to me.
  • I can live without soda, but I don't want to.
  • I have a shopping problem when I'm manic.
  • I'm smart, even if the tests disagree.
  • I have a sweet name even though it has some bad associations.
  • I'll be on medication for the rest of my life.
  • I'll probably be in therapy for the rest of my life.
  • I'm somehow both nicer and meaner (maybe fiercer is better) than I was ten years ago.
  • I'm quite introverted. 
  • I'm extremely passionate and need safe, healthy outlets.
  • I became a pretty good dresser.
  • At many points, I was a great teacher.
  • I'm a picky eater.
  • [Yet] I'm overweight.
  • I may never again be as thin as I was before I started taking lithium.
  • I have too much fear inside me.
  • I'm much healthier as the stay-home mother and advocate than I would be if I had a job out in the world.
  • I'm a makeup lover.
  • I rarely expect products (conditioners, lip balms, acne treatments) to work.
  • Glitter lights me up.
  • I'm a believer, even though I don't go to church.
  • I do most things to excess or not at all.
  • Gifts are my love language.
  • I can be a good gift-giver.
  • I can be a good storyteller.
  • I am full of stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment