Thursday, February 28, 2019

Having More.

I wrote this at the top of a page of my journal. I don't remember the significance or what I expected to write.

Unless one lives in poverty, I think that having more is largely a mental and emotional setting. What do I have? How will I use it? Why do I still want more?

I have been walking through illness and trauma for years. However, I am wildly blessed. I have a precious family. I have more books than I can read (probably), more notebooks than I can fill, and (maybe) more pens than I can drain. That feels great. It's part of the barricade I constantly build to shut out sickness and hopelessness.

I can be greedy. But sometimes, a beautiful object can distract me from my flaws and struggles and let me rest in faith, family, and that glowing trickle of light inside me.

No comments:

Post a Comment