Monday, February 13, 2017

Odd Little Actions That Soothe Me.

I'm learning that particularly with bipolar disorder, I have to grab anything healthy that will give me peace or joy, even for a few minutes.
  • Reading the names and descriptions of Urban Decay eyeshadows. 
  • Reading the names of nail polishes.
  • Going to Target's website, searching for a color (pink, teal, violet...), and scrolling through all the monochromatic items, letting the color and consistency wash over me.
  • Sometimes turning the shower on cold.
  • Getting ink stains and a callous on my middle finger.
  • Reading Wikipedia summaries of horror movies (though I sometimes actually go to the movies now!
  • Stealing mini Oreos from Josh.
  • Downing half a water bottle at once.
  • Writing with the same pens I loved when I was 14.
  • Organizing my clothes by color.
  • Flipping through expensive art journaling magazines at Barnes.

No comments:

Post a Comment