Friday, November 14, 2014

Beliefs.

One of the classes I teach is critical thinking, and one of the assignments I give is for the students to write down one hundred of their beliefs (which we examine later). These can be simple beliefs, such as that the sky is blue. I usually write the assignment along with them. These are some of the beliefs I wrote on September 8, 2014: 
  • I believe I have a BSD [bipolar spectrum disorder].
  • I believe that Li [lithium] helps me. 
  • I believe that some of the side effects won't go away.
  • I believe it's still worthwhile.
  • I believe I need much more water than most people.
  • I believe I can't get enough affection. 
  • I believe that I may be exercising too hard, but I don't want to stop. 
  • I believe I will have to do the same level of work next semester.
  • I believe I am stuck & lost right now.
  • I believe I still have bits of madness that slip through. 
  • I believe I'd feel better if I could sit down. 
  • I believe I'm lonely--whether or not I should be.
  • I believe the end of this day will be a massive relief.
  • I believe I'm close to a fissure, but I don't know why.
  • I believe I can get through the last part of this class.
  • I believe I like people projects, and this affects my relationships.
  • I believe I'm not naturally very loyal.
  • I believe I'll never feel a strong enough, lasting connection.
  • I believe I'm running out of ideas for how to take care of myself.
  • I believe my sleep patterns are almost incurably screwed up. 
  • I believe I need more attention than I'll get in my current situation.
  • I believe I have much stuck strength, creativity, love...and it's choking me.

No comments:

Post a Comment