Saturday, November 15, 2014

Eleven.

Eleven is my favorite number (along with sixteen, the date of my anniversaries and the year of my best time). November 11 was a few days ago, and this reminded me of how my childhood friends said one could make a wish at 11:11. I loved that: the thought that twice a day, I had the opportunity to wish for anything. If I notice the clock at 11:11 now, I still feel a thrill. So on November 11, I wrote,

11/11. Can I make wishes all day?
  • Easy standing up in class
  • Even speaking in class
  • Elimination of the agitation that keeps me awake or uncomfortable
  • No more almost falling asleep while driving
  • No more driving unless I want to
  • Unlimited Dr. Pepper with no weight consequences
  • No more need for lithium
  • A second counselor who specializes in BSD and can help me build a life plan
  • Absence of anger, mistrust, and humiliation
  • More time with Buddy [Bruce]
  • Time and money for family activities
  • A real vacation
  • A warmer indoor pool and building
  • No more criticism at work
  • Time, desire, and energy to write in my long-abandoned journal
  • More intimacy interest and opportunity
  • A clean room
  • Time and energy for my little creative projects
  • No more upset stomach
  • Healthy hair again
  • No more cracked mouth corners
  • No more painfully dry hands
  • No more credit card debt
  • No more student loans
  • No more getting out of breath in class
  • Enjoying makeup, clothes, and jewelry again
  • Better sleep at night
  • Less sleepiness in the evening
  • A couple of reliable babysitters
  • Cooking ability and interest
  • Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment