Saturday, May 7, 2016

In Life's Backpack.

This is Diana Sidorevich's thought.

I think a strong sense of self and purpose need to line the backpack. This may grow out of religious or spiritual practice.

Literacy is next for me. I think that if I could still keep and use my literacy, I could bear a lot. Besides, reading is one of the best ways to learn. Reading is always required and always available.

Self-expression is the other side of literacy. My backpack would, at the very least, hold a pen and a notebook. Of course, expression will take different forms for different people. My mom might have knitting needles and yarn in her backpack.

Medication: for some people, this is vital. It's not perfect--it's just another tool. But without it, items may begin to disappear from the backpack.

No comments:

Post a Comment