Wednesday, May 25, 2016

What Am I Afraid Of?


  • Being alone--the council betraying me somehow and my being unable to reinstate them. I don't think this would every happen, but it's an irrational fear I have.
  • Insurance not paying for what we need (a more realistic fear!).
  • Seeing things, animals, and people that aren't there.
  • Hearing voices that don't just mock me but tell me what to do. That hasn't happened. I hope it won't.
  • Objects in water--shipwrecks, corpses, and more benign objects such as deck furniture and towels.
  • Stinging insects--only since I had an allergic reaction.
  •  Being trapped with nothing to read and no way to write.
  • Wide spiral staircases, especially the one at the Biltmore. My knees almost get too weak to climb.
  • Oliver's falling out of his window.
  • Losing more of my intelligence to disease and medication.
  • Losing more of my memory.
  • Offending one of the people I love most.
  • Doing strange things in my sleep.
  • Hiding items without remembering.
  • Being away from Oliver for more than a night (I've only done one night twice!).
  • Being a mediocre mother.
  • Someone's or something's stripping me of my sense of identity, which could happen in so many small and large ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment