Thursday, May 5, 2016

My Best Reasons for Joy.

  • Oliver is alive despite our terrible birth experience.
  • I'm alive.
  • My mother and I are close friends.
  • My husband is kind, gentle, and patient with me. 
  • He also seems genuinely to adore me.
  • I got some good step parents.
  • I have most of what I want, abstractly and concretely.
  • I have a wonderful friend who is sensitive to my needs and challenges and who makes me feel good about myself.
  • I have family friends who encourage me and my writing. They treat it as more than a hobby.
  • Books! They exist, and I have access to them. 
  • Easy access to clean water, especially since lithium makes me so thirsty.
  • Easy access to movies ($3 on Amazon)
  • A good ten years' worth (or more) of paper and pens.

No comments:

Post a Comment