Sunday, May 1, 2016

What Paralyzes Me.

This is a difficult topic. Sometimes, I feel heaviness or numbness in my limbs or whole body. Moving is nearly impossible. Josh has sometimes helped me unfold myself and get to bed.
  • A sense that I have completely misjudged a person--believing him or her to be better in some way.
  • A sudden change in major or important plans. Even some smaller changes (like going to a different movie) challenge me. My internal structure is so fragile, like a dollhouse made of icicles.
  • Jealousy. It can freeze me.
  • A phone conference (which, luckily, I don't have to do now).
  • Money troubles (which can paralyze my mind if not my body).
  • Fear of losing my family (my darkened mind is quick to provide scenarios).
I've been on a good mix of medications lately, and the paralysis ("the Tin Man," as I call it) has not happened for a good while. I'm grateful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment