Saturday, March 19, 2016

My Professional Identity.

Why should I write about this? That persona is gone, or it will be. I guess I may use it a little in some situations. I may miss it a little. In some ways, that was my major identity. Bruce saw the real girl. My boss suspected.

My work identity...she dressed well and with personality. She showed off my favorite colors. She ended up having a cute, fairly personal office after a couple of years. She expected to stay long-term. She in't accept excuses or criticism she disagreed with (these crumbled toward the end). She wanted to be left alone with a pile of work. She emphasized and demonstrated free writing. She walked with long strides. She didn't her age matter. She believed in her talent and in her practice. She wanted new experiences, new classes to keep her awake and alert. She hid her sickness and her darkness well. She came back too soon and stay too long. She rode highs productively. She hardly exists anymore.

Okay, I think I can recycle a good bit of this...be bold, creative, dedicated.

Maybe I still have more than I think.


1 comment:

  1. You are all of the joys, sorrows, dreams, and challenges that have brought you to this point in your journey. Each of these voices speak to your heart. None are lost or wasted. The Spirit seasons them with His Word and soaks them in hope. This is what we call wisdom. I love you. Mama

    ReplyDelete