Friday, March 25, 2016

Stability and Richness

For me, stability seems to requires
  • structure
  • little to no work 
  • limited stress (difficult because I can get stressed about almost anything)
  • limited clutter (difficult because I'm messy)
  • reliable relationships.
Of course, none of these are easy to get or maintain. Josh's work schedule gives me some structure. During breaks, Josh makes a daily schedule so that I know exactly when I'll have alone time and when he will be away from home. I also have consistent activities with Bruce. Anything spontaneous is extra.

Stability and the elimination of chaos should create room for richness.
  • Deep reading and scribbling during scheduled alone time
  • True engagement with the people I love
  • Deep and funny conversations
  • The rediscovery of forgotten books, movies, plays
  • Room for new blessings to rush in.

No comments:

Post a Comment