Sunday, October 23, 2016

My Healing Backpack.

I like stories in which special or magical objects or tools come to characters, often as gifts, and help with the battle or quest at hand.

I remember watching some fairy tale on TV or a video when I was a child. A girl was on some journey, and a magical character gave her, apparently, everything she would need. One was a blanket that, when she spread it, would suddenly hold a fancy picnic. Another was a pair of scissors that, instead of just cutting fabric, would produce and shape fabric. I can't remember the last one (If you know the third items or the name of the tale, please comment!), but I loved the idea of objects arriving as gifts or discoveries and being exactly what one needs.

I'm experiencing a journey with my mental health. It's going to continue for the rest of my life, and maps will change under my hands. I'll find rest and then one day, wake to ruin because the sanctuary has been moved without my knowledge.

Meds are one of the most powerful tools I carry with me. Others are therapy and, of course, the people who go with me and never give up on me. But back to tools, I'd need a Mary-Poppins bag to hold books, writing materials, music, and maybe some makeup just for fun. All these help me heal and heal again, often on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment