Saturday, October 15, 2016

Some of the Most Important Events in My Life.

  • Moving to NC from TN had a huge impact on me. I imagine I'm quite a different person because of that move.
  • Participating in children's drama during my pre-teen years. It gave my theatre obsession an outlet and helped me be less shy.
  • Being close to Nick. When I was a younger teenager, he saved me over and over in different ways. He encouraged me to write all the time. 
  • Seeing Phantom for the first time. I was 8, I think, and it changed my world forever. Music became magic.
  • Going to ASU because I got a B.A. in English with a wonderful concentration in Creative Writing. And because I met Josh. 
  • Teaching. I don't see myself doing it again, but 5 years taught me a lot about being an adult, interacting with people, and using my creativity.
  • Going to a psychiatrist at my mom's insistence and getting two diagnoses.
  • Taking meds. They have made life seem possible again.
  • Being consistent, or trying to be so, with my meds, and being very patient with side effects, even when that meant throwing up almost every night.
  • Waiting tables. I mostly hated it, but it taught me a lot about interacting with others and making sure never to treat servers the way some customers treated me.
  • My parents' divorce has impacted me in ways I can't describe, but James and I did get two kind, brave stepparents. Thank God.
  • Marrying Josh. I still think we are right for reach other. He's kind, generous, and loving during all my personal and familial trials.
  • Oliver's birth. Mostly, this is important because it changed our lives and pried open our hearts. But it also made me believe that I could endure unrelenting pain and follow shocking instructions ("Don't push,") to save my child. It was also just a personal arena once Oliver had gone to the NICU. He was out and safe as I could have made him, but the battle wasn't over for me. I never could have imagined all that happened. But now, I"m pretty sure I'm courageous.

No comments:

Post a Comment