Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Bare Minimum Self-Care

I shouldn't have to push myself to write or read. They should just be part of me that I can encourage simply. And when I don't read and write, I feel myself getting sicker.

I get ready every weekday morning before Josh leaves for work. For a while, getting ready was intensely difficult, almost painful. But I looked nearby for a cure. I started playing showtunes as I get ready. The struggle is almost gone. Plus, Josh and Oliver get good showtune exposure!

I need to get better about going to bed when I'm tired, even if it's early. I don't think sleeping in a chair is sufficient.

Sunshine is a bare minimum requirement as is some kind of activity. I go on walks, but I need some strength training too.

Physical touch should not be a luxury. How can I be more huggable? I've read that hugs can be vital to (any)one's health.


No comments:

Post a Comment