Monday, April 11, 2016

Learn How to Be Free.

These lyrics from Pippin made me think about myself and what that freedom means. For me, it would be free of dread. How can I move toward that?

I need to rethink the job situation. I was able to leave my job because my husband has a good job. I'm blessed. Work generated a great deal of dread in me as I got increasingly ill. My son was also diagnosed with autism, so my being home for appointments and such makes sense.

But I notice that dread can creep up anywhere. If I haven't kept up with laundry or dishes, I become stressed and want to avoid the task even more. Pushing through tasks as early as possible may help.

Reading makes me feel free. I need to take advantage of that and also try new genres or unusual books.

Scribbling and writing stories or poems lifts weight from me every time.


No comments:

Post a Comment