Monday, April 18, 2016

Ways to Invest in the Soul.

This can include prayer, religious reading and study, or organized worship. Even reading an unfamiliar sacred text can be edifying or soul-lifting.

Music is a great way to invest. Listen to what you love, but also try something new. See what music carries your soul around like a baby, what music makes you determined to be a better person, and what music makes you grieve or long for another person--a friend of some kind.

Theatre can be music plus the visual. I feel fulfilled, excited, and positively overwhelmed in a huge theatre during a show.

Reading in general is another way to invest. Though it's also an escape, reading can sharpen the mind, add color to the imagination, and provide company when one is or feels alone.

Sometimes, the perfect movie for the circumstances is right on your shelf. The beauty of a movie can stay with me  and enrich me.

Arts and crafts are also brilliant ways to invest. I don't do much of this, but my mother does, and I can tell it helps her.

How do you invest in your soul?

No comments:

Post a Comment