Friday, April 22, 2016

WRAP: Wellness Recovery Action Plan.

A group Mary Ellen Copeland led created this plan. It reminds me that I should work on the Bipolar II workbook. I'm sure it will help even if I have Bipolar I.

I like that it's an action plan--not something philosophical. I wonder if a template exists.

I'll start with what I think Wellness and Recovery mean for me.

Wellness
  1. 8 hours of sleep with little interruption
  2. Normal weight (not over)
  3. Three normal meals 
  4. Regular exercise that gets easier as I get fitter.
  5. Dental work
  6. Regular quality time with Josh
  7. Regular therapy

Recovery
  1. Little heavy resistance
  2. Knowledge about my disease
  3. Feeling more able to tell my story
  4. Better ability to manage or debunk stress
  5. Pliable sadness--not the anvil of depression
  6. Ability to engage in my favorite activities and enjoy them. 

So how do I get there?
  • Resume abs and other exercises
  • Walk more. Walk to Bruce's for walks and movies
  • Complete bipolar workbook
  • Read another book on BSD
  • Schedule time for Josh and me
  • Push myself to read or write even if it's just a little
  • Soothe stress with music
  • Schedule appointments well ahead

No comments:

Post a Comment