Sunday, April 10, 2016

Encouragement.

"Take encouragement from whatever is around you."   Natalie Goldberg

How does one do this? Inspiration makes sense, but how does everything around me potentially offer encouragement?

I try to make my home inspirational and expressive. My desk reminds me that I want to write, that I can be the real deal, and that Mom, Shane, and Josh (who bought me the desk) believe in me as a writer.

Fairy prints remind me that I can shape the kind of life I want, rich with magic and whimsy as well as hard work.

My collections of pens and notebooks encourage me to scribble.

Seeing books anywhere makes me want to read, so I'm glad they're all over my house.

A photo of me holding a small Oliver encourages me because I'm glittered (lavender crystal bead headband, sequined tank, and chandelier earrings) and so clearly happy. Looking at the photo reminds me that I can feel that way again.

No comments:

Post a Comment