Thursday, April 7, 2016

Cutting Resistance.

"Practice cuts through resistance" --Natalie Goldberg

Why are people (including me) so resistant, especially to changes, tasks, or activities that would be so beneficial to health or happiness? A few months ago, I usually woke very early. I used that time to wash dishes and listen to showtunes. But I could also have sat up in bed to write--everything I could remember from the day before, everything I hope the coming day would bring.

I tend to fill empty time (waiting rooms and such) by staring at nothing. Why Not Write? That's a great reminder question. I could put it on a sticky note on my journal, bathroom mirror, bag, front door (so I'll remember to take what I need from home).

The more I practice writing and make it as enjoyable as possible, the less I will resist it. All of this could apply to reading as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment